Friday, October 28, 2011

Ambiguous findability Repost...

I'm reposting this here so it is easier to find...
I feel there are numerous implications that can be extracted from how our human
interactions are changing, and then these implications can be reduced to stakes
(for better or worse) for the future.My personal opinion is that our
human interactions are changing, and drastically. In one of our recent readings,
Moorville's ambivalent findability, he writes about how we have this perception
that we are exposing ourselves to the outsided world with the web, technology,
and such. However, he acknowledges the fact that all of those channels to the
outside world are open and leave the user just as exposed. He calls this
exposure or ability to be easily accessed ambivalent findabilityI
believe that as a society (as a whole society and as an academic society) it is
very critical to analyze this concept of ambivalent findabilty and the
implications it has for us all. I personally see both the positives and
negatives, and am struggling to weigh them fairly.I see the positives in
this concept such as, ambivalent findabilty creates a world where our children
can be tracked easier and thus are safer from the dangers our our world. Yet I
see the negative side where we are slowly losing our privacy. So I say this is
definately a difficult issue.Finally, I think that no matter what my or
someone else's political coloring may be, it is important to examine how
ambivalent findabilty is going to affect our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment