Sunday, October 30, 2011

Social Networking and Love

Last Thursday we had a big discussion about how Shirkey mentions that social networking cites and many reason why people are on the internet and these sites in general all relate to love in a certain way.  I found this idea extremely interesting.  You have the people on facebook who post pictures of themselves and say, "Oh it's a terrible picture of me, I look so awful." Then the person gets 20 billion comments telling them that they look, "Sexy", "sooo hottt", etc.  These people make me sick.  When I post pictures of myself, it's not for comments to make my self esteem boost, it's to show my friends and family how I'm doing!  To let them know that I'm alright.  I do, however, understand the emotional attachment we have to love and how the internet can be our outlet.

It's like the idea that we are more comfortable talking to strangers rather than people we know!  Especially on the internet because then you don't even have to look at the person!  Do I think that this is wrong that people use the internet for love?  No, as long as you're not looking for love in all the wrong places.  So you want compliments?  Then post a picture of yourself and post what you were doing in the photo, and see what happens!  If nobody says anything then it's not the end of the world.  I feel like some people take advantage of social networking for the wrong reasons but I hope that in time all the perverts that should be in jail will be locked up.  That was a random thought but that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment